Mk III !
This is it, the Mk III development has been completed. The release on Steam has been scheduled for august the first at 5pm PDT, ie 2am in western Europe.
- The “fjord” environment.
- The Act III and it’s six missions
- A new playable aircraft, the KGP XVII Puffin, an heavy fighter/bomber, fast, well armed, but with a low maneuverability.
- The Race multi-player mode, still in beta(there is a lot of game design to do on this one)
- The server browser using SteamWorks. Therefore, if you only own the game on Desura, you won’t be able to use it.
- The internal guns now light the aircraft when fired. This may come in the future for external guns too.(there is a gif demonstrating the effect later on this page)
- There is now collisions with the trees.
- The behavior of aircrafts when grounded is much better than in the Mk II.
- The AI has been improved and now reacts more smoothly and is less given to splash in water.
- Turrets have been improved.
- The shield effect has been improved.
- You can now configure the dead zones for your gamepad/joystick analog axis.
- The aircraft’s labels are now clearer when aircrafts are out of the screen.
- The general sound mixing has been improved.
- A lot of crashes and bugs have been resolved.
- The netcode is more stable.
The new effect of the guns:
A bunch of screen shots from a mission of the third Act.
A few pics from one of the last multiplayer test with some friends:
Finally, some pics of a nice bug due to an error in the texture conversion script to the .dds format.